Gone are the days when you simply parked your car in the garage. Nowadays, people utilise their garage space for all sorts of things.
If you have a double garage you can still park one car there and use the rest for:
- Office space -a free standing partition can make part of it into an office.
- Work shop – if you’re working with wood, you might need a cover over the car to protect it from flying chips of wood.
- Storage area – as much or as little as you like, around the walls or free standing banks in one half.
- Laundry area – a washing machine in one corner and fold away line for hanging your clothes if you either don’t have a clothes line or it’s raining and you need to get some clothes dry.
- Games room – it is a very rare house indeed that has a room large enough to house your pool table without putting the cue through the wall. The garage is the perfect size.
In the case of either a single or double garage that you don’t use for a vehicle, you could turn it into your special place for watching big games like the grand finals. Set up a comfy lounge and bar area and on the big day simply move the big screen out there. You’ll find yourself very popular!